Job Title: – Early Years Coordinator
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000 per annum – salary depending on qualifications and experience
This is a year-round position, room-based (not office) role, on a 40-42.5 hours permanent contract.
Overview of Role and Responsibilities as Early Years Coordinator
Reporting to the Head of Early Learning School, the role of Early Years Coordinator is to provide leadership, including compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements, and to ensure the School delivers the highest standards of care and education for all the children in Early Years setting.
Key Early Years Coordinator Responsibilities
• To lead, the teachers and educators of the Stage;
• To contribute to the strategic development of the ELS following the School Improvement and Development Plan;
• To lead the them through the cycle of improvement and development planning;
• Motivate and lead a team of ELS staff in the delivery of best possible practice to meet the needs of children and their families;
• To raise the profile of the ELS within the local and international community;
Early Years Coordinator – Learning and Teaching
• Lead the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the Early Years curriculum;
• Ensure effective planning, assessment and record keeping;
• Ensure parents/carers are kept fully informed with settling in visits and transition arrangements;
• Ensure parents/carers are included in record keeping, monitoring and reviewing the progress of their child;
• Ensure parents/carers can participate in regular events;
• Ensure Early Years meet the requirements of the Development Matters and Early Years Foundation Stage;
• Maintain close liaison with other Schools and engage actively with local Early Years settings;
• Promote and facilitate multi-agency working with the Early Years SENCO, health professionals and other agencies as appropriate;
• Promote equality of opportunity and positive behaviour management strategies;
• Ensure continuity of approach and sharing of all assessment and attainment data.
Continuing Professional Development
• To provide induction and on-going CPD by way of mentoring and team meetings;
• To identify CPD within the Early Years team and then plan and facilitate their professional development in liaison with the Head of School;
• Provide support to colleagues working towards further qualifications;
• To demonstrate a commitment to your own continuing professional development.
Marketing and Admissions
• Support the Marketing Team in the promotion of our school/nursery and the ELS;
• Maintain positive links and effectively promote the facility within the local and International community;
• Represent and positively promote our school/nursery at local events as required.
This job description is not intended to be all embracing and the post holder shall be required to carry out any other duties as directed by their line manager, commensurate with training and experience.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding Policy (including Child Protection Procedures) at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third party services.
Early Years Coordinator, Nursery Administrator, School, Nursery Early Years Practitioner, teacher, BA Hons, Assistant Teacher , Early Learning Stage, Early Years , ELS , QTS, Coordinator