Job Title: Head of Early Learning School (ELS)
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
Days/Hours: 40 hours over 5 days – between the hours of 8-6pm
This is a fantastic and indeed a unique opportunity for a Head of Early Learning School to join this stunning setting which provides the highest quality of education. This is a huge role, we are over 100 children on our busiest days with more and more starting each week so is for someone looking for a step up and a challenge. Must be confident and experienced in all areas, such as Learning and Teaching, Continuing Professional Development, Finance In liaison with the Principal and Business Manager, Marketing and Admissions. The candidate does not have to have independent school experience but should understand the marketing side and want to interact with our parents.
Qualifications and Experience required
• Minimum CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education
• Leadership and Management, CACHE Level 4/5, BA Honours’ Desirable
• Must have Experience of managing a large setting, would consider a very strong deputy step up as long as have good levels of experience.
Head of Early Learning School Job Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Principal, the role of the Head of the Early Learning School (ELS) is to provide professional leadership, including compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements, and to ensure the School delivers the highest standards of care and education for all the children in Early Years setting. The Head is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and the team have joint responsibility for all aspects of the School relating to the education and pastoral development of the students; each has a focus of responsibility, but all contribute to the whole and support the work of others. The Principal has ultimate responsibility for the team, the staff, the children and students.
ELS General Responsibilities
• To ensure that students come first in all aspects of school life, working within the philosophy and objectives of the Inspired Group.
• To support the School commitment to safeguarding children and students
• To work within the Health and Safety requirements
• To follow the requirements of the Equality of Opportunity Policy and to ensure an environment that is free from prejudice and anti-discriminatory in all aspects.
ELS Key School Leadership Responsibilities
• To lead, the Early Learning Team (ELT);
• To lead the strategic development of the ELS following the School Improvement and Development Plan;
• To lead the ELS through the cycle of improvement and development planning;
• To lead the ELS in the process of inspection, accreditation and quality assurance;
• Motivate and lead a team of ELS staff in the delivery of best possible practice to meet the needs of children and their families;
• Lead the recruitment and selection of staff;
• Lead the ELS Performance Management cycle in liaison the Director of Teaching and Learning;
• Provide initial induction, support and assessments for Early Years teachers new to the School;
• To raise the profile of the ELS within the local and international community.
Please apply for an interview for this Head of Early Learning School position by forwarding your full CV to us in a Word attachment for an immediate interview!!
Early Learning School , ELS , , Early Years , ELS , QTS , Early Learning School , Head of Early Learning School , Safeguarding , Health and Safety , CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education